Want to learn how to create an ‘experience’ while setting a dinner table? For me, setting a table is far more than putting just any plate, glassware, and cutlery down. I like to make gatherings memorable and people to feel special. I take the time to do this even if it’s just for myself of my family. You deserve to feel special all the time, not just when you have company!
Watch 12 Table Setting Examples From Our Live Webinar PLUS An Additional Step-by-Step How-To Video Tutorial
I put together 12 table settings to show you how I get inspired, what tricks I use and some simple DIY projects. I like to reuse and repurpose things I already have at home. None of these table settings will break the bank account!
These short videos are super casual with lots of conversation and questions along the way from other members. You might even hear a dog barking here and there
Yes, I’m the one wearing all the different silly scarves in each video. Trust me, you’ll understand why I’m wearing them once you start watching 😊
Outdoor experiences is a great way to disconnect from the rest of the day to unwind.
I absolutely love entertaining outside since it’s typically more relaxed, you can use bold and cheery colours (which might be overwhelming inside) and you can be more creative in the accessories you use. You can also create romantic and intimate experiences with evening lights, candles, flowers and soft music. It’s all up your imagination.
It doesn’t matter if you have a tiny balcony or a sprawling waterfront. property. Each space is as unique and special as you are!
I often hear people say they are overwhelmed and don’t know where to start. The truth is you just need to start with an inspiration and a few guidelines. Anyone can do this.
5 Things to Consider Before Creating Your Entertaining Space:
- What time of day or you hosting? This might make a difference of what food you’re serving.
- What is on your menu? This is important so you know what dishes you need.
- Is it a formal or casual get-together? This will dictate the style and décor of the table.
- Is there a specific theme of colour palette that you want to work with?
- What décor and accessories can you use from inside your home? This is were the magic begins 😊
6 Things You Need to Consider When Entertaining:
- Food – make sure it’s a menu that everyone will enjoy and it’s easy to serve.
- Drinks – choose drinks that are appropriate for your menu and guests (maybe even have a signature drink)
- Lighting – If the gathering is in the evening, make sure there is enough ambient lighting.
- Protection – You want to make sure your guests are warm and dry as the weather changes through the day/night.
- Is any music necessary for the occasion or are the sounds of nature the best?
- Décor – this includes any accessories or theme that you might have.
- Comfort – make sure there is enough comfortable seating for everyone.