How To Decorate My Home Forums Ask Heather My first fancy table setting Reply To: My first fancy table setting

• Heather Maduk

December 11, 2019 at 8:58 pm

Wow, I’m impressed with your thought process for each runner and table setting option.  I think you definitely made the right choice for your country Christmas theme with the plaid option.  I love how the basket with greenery pulls everything together.  Since you’re asking for suggestions, you might want to use your pretty paper napkins when serving your tea, coffee, appetizers or deserts.  You will notice the pattern more.  

I think solid fabric napkins would have more impact with your colour blocking.  They are reusable and are more practical on your lap.  I buy mine at HomeSense (4 X $9.99).  I just bought a package of gray cloth napkins on Amazon (12 X $24.00) and they were delivered the next day. Choose a colour that can be used often.  For your plaid runner, you could choose wheat, red or green.  You might also want to put larger pillar candles in your lovely holders.  I see you put some ornaments on the plates.  Are you planning on using them for napkin rings?  Congratulations on your lovely table setting.

You might want to reach out and ask the other members on the recipe group to see if they can give you some menu suggestions.  There is a lot of talent amongst us.

BONUS – Since you already have your light blue runner and silver chargers you could create another table setting for New Years Eve.  Just look outside your window and use nature as your inspiration. Add white plates and blue or white napkins.  Get some tall branches from your back yard and paint them white and glue some sparkle or Epson Salts for a bit of twinkle. Place them in tall glass cylinder vases.  The branches would give height, but since the vases are clear so they don’t block the view across the table. Put some fake snow, twinkle lights and pinecones in the base of the vases for interest.  You could even add some of the sparkly plastic snow flake tree ornaments on the blue runner.  Silver or white candles would finish it off. Most of these items can be purchased at the dollar store but together they will look elegant.)

Sorry if I’ve overloaded you with information, but you asked….  🙂 

WPGrow