Looking for ideas to spruce up your weekend outdoor entertaining. Here are 3 table settings that will hopefully inspire you.
- Cover toilet paper rolls with a pretty ribbon for a napkin ring.
- Wrap fresh vines from your hedge around a grapevine wreath for your candle centrepiece.
- Use fresh hydrangeas from your garden to garnish the table.
- Spray paint old charger plates in a hammered metal for a vintage feel.
- Use inexpensive twine to make a pretty bow on your cloth napkins.
- Add aluminum lanterns for a rustic and vintage feel.
- Use vintage vases for your flowers that tie in with your colour scheme.
- Add linen fabric to your table. Here I used a linen runner and linen napkins.
Going to the cottage?
Even if you are in your own backyard, you can still achieve this nautical cottage feel.
- Use navy and white as your base colours.
- I like to add some red and yellow to keep it looking fresh and exciting.
- Incorporate fresh pots of the flowers to the table to keep it casual and very natural. These potted plants were just placed in an aluminum container.
- Tie your linens with a nautical slip knot.
- Add anything like these cushions, wooden sail boat or metal compass.
Just because we still can’t really travel to exotic destinations yet, doesn’t mean that we can’t bring the holiday vibe to us!
- This is probably the easiest table setting. All you need to do is search your house and look for anything colourful.
- I used a beach cover-up as a table runner.
- Incorporate colour through dishes, placemats and napkins. The dollar store is amazing for inexpensive party favours.
- Accent cushions on your chairs and a fun outdoor carpet give a huge impact for colour.
- No tropical party would be complete without party lights and lanterns.
- Citrus fruit in coloured glasses instantly say ‘party-time’.
- Fresh cut greenery in colourful vases make a simple centrepiece.
They key to any table setting is to incorporate not only the actual table, but everything around it like the chairs, lighting, ground and even the flowers etc. Don’t forget to put on some fun music that fits the feel to your theme.
I really hope you enjoy your weekend. I would love it if you sent me photos of your tablescapes. We can all inspire each other.